What is needed to open a new account?

PLEASE NOTE: If you are a renter, we cannot send a bill directly to you unless the owner has a Duplicate Billing Request form on file.   Please have the property owner complete and submit the Request for Duplicate Bill Authorization form.  The form is available in our Forms Library.

If you are in the process of purchasing a home in the District, please contact the District office at 425-255-6370 to set up an account.   Please have the following information ready:

  1. Name to be on the account – this must match King County records
  2. The address we will be serving
  3. Phone Numbers (Work & Home)
  4. Close Date
  5. Former owner’s name
  6. Billing address if different from location address
  7. Escrow Company’s name, address, and phone number

What other utilities/services are available in the area?

Please contact the following utilities/services to verify they service your area

Utility/Service Phone Number Description
Waste Management 800-592-9995 Garbage collection for Renton
Republic Services 206-682-9735 Garbage collection for rural King County
Recology CleanScapes 425-413-1555 Garbage collection within Maple Valley city limits
Comcast Cable Services 877-824-2288 Cable TV
Centurylink 800-491-0118 Telecommunications
Puget Sound Energy 800-321-4123 Gas & Electricity
Puget Sound Energy 888-225-5773 Street Lights
Soos Creek Water & Sewer 253-630-9900 Water & Sewer
Covington Water District 253-631-0565 Water & Sewer